DATE OF UPDATE : January 18th 2021
At FOODVISOR, we value your privacy and take care of the protection of the personal data you provide us.
In order to have a clear overview of the processing of your personal data by FOODVISOR, we invite you to take a few minutes to read the entire document.
IN A NUTSHELL
- As part of the services offered via the "Foodvisor" application and its websites, FOODVISOR processes personal data concerning you.
These data are collected for strictly limited purposes:
- Creating your user profile
- Creating and manage your Premium account
- Providing you with personalized nutritional advice
- Contacting you if necessary
- Sending you newsletters, after having obtained your prior consent
- Analyzing the traffic on our platforms in order to improve our services
- Profiling and targeted advertising
- Establishing statistical reports based on aggregate and anonymized data, including on eating habits of users of the Foodvisor app
- The processing of your personal data by FOODVISOR is systematically based on a legal basis that varies according to the type of processing.
- Fields marked with an asterisk (*) must be filled in otherwise we will not be able to provide you with all the services offered.
- You can obtain detailed information about the cookies we use and manage your preferences by going to the dedicated page: https://www.foodvisor.io/cookies/
- We keep your personal data only for as long as necessary for the purposes of the processing, after which we will delete or anonymise your data.
- We implement appropriate physical and logical security measures to protect the integrity of your personal data.
- We store your personal data in databases located in the European Union. In the event of a transfer outside of such territory, we undertake to implement such transfers in accordance with the applicable regulations.
- In order to guarantee you a tailor-made service, we use various trusted service providers who need to access some of your personal data. We only choose service providers with a personal data protection policy that complies with legal requirements.
You have various rights over your personal data (right of access, right of rectification, right of objection, right of deletion, right of limitation, right of portability, right to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, right to withdraw at any time the consent that could have been given and right to contact Foodvisor to define the data processing guidelines after death). To exercise them, simply send your request to the following address:
- By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post: Foodvisor, Customer Service, 21 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75011 Paris
- Who is the controller of my personal data?
- What personal data is processed by FOODVISOR and when is it collected?
- Why FOODVISOR processes my personal data and on what legal base is the processing based?
- Is access to the application allowed for minors?
- How do I manage my cookie preferences?
- How long will my personal data be retained?
- Is my personal data safe?
- Where is my personal data stored?
- With whom does FOODVISOR share my personal data?
- What are my rights regarding my personal data?
1. Who is the controller of my personal data?
The controller of your personal data is FOODVISOR, a company whose registered office is located at 40 bis rue Violet - 75015 PARIS.
You can contact FOODVISOR:
- By mail, to the following address: Foodvisor, Customer Service, 21 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75011 Paris;
- By email at the following address: email@example.com ;
FOODVISOR has appointed a DPO with the CNIL. Our DPO can be contacted by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject should include the word “dpo"
2. What personal data is processed by FOODVISOR and when is it collected?
2.1. Data that you provide us directly
When using the "Foodvisor" application and our websites, we invite you to provide us with the following data:
- E-mail address
- Weighing (weight + date of weighing)
- Level of physical activity
- Nutritional goals
- Number of calories burned during physical activity
- Selected diet
- Nutritional data on meals
- Foods in meals
- Messages and images from the chat room
Some of this information must be provided when creating your user profile (name, email address, weight, height, gender, physical activity level), while other information is provided to us as part of your normal use of the "Foodvisor" application.
2.2. Data that we automatically collect
In addition, when you use the "Foodvisor" application or when you browse our site, some data is automatically collected from your device or web browser:
- Country and city via the IP address of the terminal
- Application Version
- Phone model and features (operating system and version, camera model)
- Premium Account data provided by APPLE (date of purchase, cancellation, renewal, expiration, trial period, renewal).
2.3. Am I required to provide my personal data?
2.3.1. Free version
Sharing certain personal data (email, photos and nutritional data) is necessary for the provision of FOODVISOR services. If you refuse to provide this essential data, FOODVISOR will not be able to guarantee you access to the services provided via the "Foodvisor" application.
2.3.2 Premium version
Other data, although essential to benefit from all the services, require your explicit consent to be collected and processed by FOODVISOR.
This concerns health data, for which FOODVISOR systematically makes sure to obtain the prior and explicit consent of the User in order to be able to collect and process them.
You are free to decide whether or not to consent to the processing of your health data when you create your profile. However, we inform you that in the event of refusal, you will not be able to benefit from all the services offered through the "Foodvisor" application.
Since our application aims to facilitate the management of your nutritional intake related to your diet, the processing of health data is the core of our activity and the services offered through the "Foodvisor" application.
The processing of this health data allows our team, which includes nutrition experts, to provide you with personalized advice based on your physical and morphological condition in order to help you achieve your objectives.
You have the possibility to freely withdraw at any time the consent you may have given us in this respect. To do this, we invite you to go to the settings of the "Foodvisor" application and manage it through the "My privacy settings" tab.
When you withdraw your consent, FOODVISOR will stop processing the data for which consent was given and will delete such data.
3. Why FOODVISOR processes my personal data and on what legal base is the processing based?
We process your personal data only for the purpose of:
- Provide you with personalized nutritional advice based on your height, weighing (weight + date of weighing), level of physical activity, nutritional goals, number of calories burned while having a physical activity. This purpose is based on your consent;
- Improve the quality of service (notably the suggestions when analyzing an image). This purpose is based on FOODVISOR's legitimate interest in improving the "Foodvisor" application;
- Contact you to gather your testimonies on the effectiveness and usefulness of the "Foodvisor" application in order to share such feedback with all users of the application. This purpose is based on FOODVISOR's legitimate interest in reporting feedback on the use of the application and its benefits to the entire Foodvisor user community;
- Send you our newsletter if you have subscribed to it. This purpose is based on FOODVISOR's legitimate interest in promoting its services;
- Answer a question you asked us. This purpose is based on FOODVISOR's legitimate interest in processing your requests;
- Analyze the traffic to the "Foodvisor" application and our websites. This purpose is based on FOODVISOR's legitimate interest in improving the quality of the "Foodvisor" application and our websites;
- Establish statistical reports consisting of aggregate and anonymized data, including on eating habits of users of the Foodvisor app. This purpose is based on FOODVISOR's legitimate interest in establishing statistics on eating habits of the users of its app;
- Send you commercial communications relating to FOODVISOR products or services similar to those you have purchased or subscribed to. This purpose is based on FOODVISOR's legitimate interest in promoting its products and services;
- Establish your profile and offer you targeted advertising adapted to your preferences. This purpose is based on FOODVISOR's legitimate interest in personalizing the advertisements that are sent to you through FOODVISOR;
- Anonymize the pictures of your meals in order to train our food recognition algorithms. This purpose is based on FOODVISOR's legitimate interest in improving the quality of the "Foodvisor" application;
We will never process your personal data for purposes other than these without first informing you.
4. Is access to the application allowed for minors?
Regulations require, when a processing of personal data concerns a minor under 15 years old, that consent to the processing be given by the holder(s) of parental authority, in conjunction with the minor.
Therefore, if you indicate an age of less than 15 years old when creating your profile, we will apply a special procedure to obtain the consent of the holders of parental authority.
In the absence of the consent of the holders of parental authority, we will not be able to provide the services related to the processing of the personal data concerned.
5. How do I manage my cookie preferences?
As the issue of cookies is a special one, we have created a specific page on our website where you can obtain information on this subject and manage your preferences in this regard. If you wish to access this page, simply click on the following link: https://www.foodvisor.io/cookies/
6. How long will my personal data be retained?
At FOODVISOR, we undertake to keep your personal data only for as long as necessary for the purposes of processing and not exceeding the periods indicated below:
|Type of data||Retention period|
|User identification data (first name, email, other contact details)||For the duration of your user account. This data will be deleted when the account is deleted.|
|Health data||For the duration of your user account. This data will be deleted when the account is deleted.|
|Billing data (if applicable)||For the duration of your user account and for a period of 10 years as from the issuance of the invoice|
|Contact details of the newsletter subscriber||During the entire subscription period for the newsletter. As long as the subscriber has not objected to the newsletter|
|Data collected via FOODVISOR cookies||13 months from data collection|
|Photos of the meals||Throughout the duration of the user account and the photos will be anonymized upon deletion of the account|
Once these periods have expired, we will delete or anonymize your personal data.
7. Is my personal data safe?
At FOODVISOR, we take the security of your personal data very seriously. That is why we have adopted internal measures to guarantee the integrity of your data as much as possible.
Data flows between your terminal and FOODVISOR’s servers in a secure and encrypted manner via the TLS protocol. Databases are encrypted and accessible only from FOODVISOR servers through comprehensive and restrictive firewalls.
If you would like more information about the security measures implemented by FOODVISOR to protect your personal data, you can send your request to the following address: email@example.com
8. Where is my personal data stored?
Your personal data is mainly stored in databases located within the European Union. However, in specific cases, including processing by third-party vendors, FOODVISOR may transfer personal data to a recipient located outside of the European Union, including in the USA or another country that does not provide the same data protection principles as in the European Union. In order to proceed with any such transfer, FOODVISOR will comply with the applicable data protection requirements, including by implementing standard contractual clauses or an appropriate alternative safeguard mechanism for the relevant transfer.
9. With whom does FOODVISOR share my personal data?
In order to give you access to the "Foodvisor" application and allow you to use it, recipients mentioned below have access to your personal data under the control of FOODVISOR:
- staff members in charge of managing user accounts;
- FOODVISOR’s processors;
- authorities competent to respond to your requests and to deal with complaints against FOODVISOR;
- If FOODVISOR is involved in a merger, acquisition, disposal of assets or insolvency procedure, it may sell or share all or part of its assets, including Personal Data. In this case, the User will be informed before the Personal Data is transferred to a third party.
10. What are my rights regarding my personal data?
In the course of our business, we are required to process your personal data in various ways. However, you remain in control of your data and its use.
For this reason, you have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
- You can access all your personal data processed by FOODVISOR;
- You can update or request the deletion of your personal data;
- You may, under certain conditions, object to the processing of your personal data or request that the processing be limited;
- You may withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time;
- You may request the communication of all your personal data processed by FOODVISOR in order to exercise your right to portability;
- You can complain to FOODVISOR about the way FOODVISOR processes your data and, if you are not satisfied with the answers provided, you can file a complaint with the competent authority. In France, this authority is the Commission National Informatique et Libertés (CNIL), whose website address is https://www.cnil.fr ;
- You can contact FOODVISOR to define the guidelines for the processing of your data after your death (i.e. "post-mortem" processing guidelines).
If you wish to exercise your rights, we invite you to contact our team dedicated to the protection of personal data:
- By email, to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail, to the following address: FOODVISOR, Customer Service, 21 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75011 Paris
As part of the processing of this request, we may implement a mechanism to verify your identity or to ask you for a proof of identity in order to verify that you are indeed the initiator of the request.
In any case, we undertake to provide you with an answer within one month, possibly extended by two months depending on the complexity and number of requests.
We will inform you of the change by e-mail, to the extent possible, at least 7 days before the effective date. If you do not agree with the terms of the new wording, you have the possibility to request the deletion of your personal data.